Thursday, November 18, 2010

Croota Underwear - so fakes are a bargain?

Fake Croota Underwear - Are Fakes a Bargain?

As you know we sell male designer underwear. MV4Men has been online for five years but it is only recently that the thorny issue of competing with fake Chinese replicas branded under the same name become a real problem. Let me a little more precise about what I cam saying. 

Take a look at the two ipictures of what is claimed to be the same genuine article. (A) is taken from my site and  (B) is taken from another (Asian) site  which rsays they are selling the same genuine and (branded) article.
(A)                                 (B)
IMAGE A12666674740.jpg
Not much difference one could say from the point of view of the Internet client wishing to puchase a pair of Croota boxers. True - problem is Article A comes from my store and retails at over $23 dollars. Article B comes from a Chinese store and retails for just over $7 dollars. My objection, do not get me wrong, is not competition but UNFAIR competition which claims it is selling the genuine article for one third of the price. Knowing the wholesale price of the goods (just over $14 for me from the genuine Croota manufacturer), I know that the other product is a fake. There is no other answer.
So what can I do about it? In true terms precious little. Complaint to the Chinese Ministry, complaint to google or eBay as listing it as genuine - my experience in the latter cases is do not be expecting an answer to your email tomorrow morning. No one cares. I do believe, however, that certain commercial ethics should make large search engines and sites such as eBay responsibility for not taking any action to protect the producer and seller of the genuine article.
So what can I really do about it? Basically, I advise on my website on the presence and the disadvantages of buying the branded fake. Let them wash it five times and see the colours made, let them watch the sewed trimming loosen after two weeks. Then decide if your $7 dollar purchase is the right one as you through your precious Croota boxers in the trash.

No comments: